Become a Coalition Member
Coalitions and their member employers are working with providers to improve the health care delivery system from Maine to California. Purchasing value means rewarding quality and cost-effectiveness in the delivery of health care services — not just seeking the lowest price. Coalitions are improving quality by holding providers accountable for their performance through the development of information systems to collect data, monitor health care outcomes, and measure value.
- National Alliance membership is limited to state, local and regional business coalitions.
- Member coalitions must be organized as non-profit corporations.
- A majority of each member coalition's decision-making body must be comprised of health care purchasers who are not providers of health care services.
- Application for membership shall be made in writing to the National Alliance and approved by a majority of the National Alliance Board of Governors.
- Applicants must be committed to the promotion of National Alliance's objectives.
Benefits of Participation
Coalition members of National Alliance have access to a wealth of benefits, including products and services provided by National Alliance, which include:
- Member Directories- access to coalition member and multi-stakeholder affiliate directories with full contact information
- Members Only Website- access to the National Alliance Members Only portion of the site with various capacity building resources, toolkits, affiinity group pages, publications and white papers, and message boards
- Member e-Newsletter- recipient of the monthly, National Alliance member eNewsletter, including meeting announcements, a calendar of events, coalition-featured articles, “news you can use”, policy updates, and affinity group reports
- eValue8- entrée to the nation’s leading evidence-based request for information (RFI) tool that is used annually by coalitions and major employers to assess and manage the quality and efficiency of their health plans
Members quickly find, however, that one of the greatest assets to membership is the ability to network with other coalitions across the country; sharing experiences, success stories, challenges, and opportunities. National Alliance provides several unique forums for networking, which include:
- Making the News- all member, monthly calls that feature updates from National Alliance staff, coalitions, and industry stakeholders with information and resources that can be used by coalitions and their employer members in the local market
- National Health Leadership Council- face to face meetings convened twice a year around topics relevant to health care multi-stakeholders; National Alliance coalitions are invited to attend, and a white paper summary of lessons learned is produced and distributed
- Annual Conference- National Alliance’s annual meeting which draws approximately 500 leaders in the health care industry;the first day of the Conference is dedicated to coalition capacity building, and complimentary registrations are available to coalition directors and two employer members